Follow these steps to insert a new slide in PowerPoint 2002 and 2003:
- If PowerPoint is not already open, first launch the program. If it is already open, skip to Step 3.
- Go to your Windows Start menu and choose All Programs | Microsoft | Microsoft Office | Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 (or 2002).
- Alternatively, access the Run dialog box by selecting the Run Option in the Windows Start menu. Then type powerpoint in the dialog box, as shown in Figure 1 below, and click OK.
Figure 1: Run Dialog Box
- This opens the PowerPoint interface with a new presentation, containing one slide as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: The PowerPoint Interface
- Choose Insert | New Slide, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Insert a new slide
- This inserts a new slide (see the Slides pane on the left in Figure 4). Also, the Task Pane area (typically on the right side) shows the Slide Layout Task Pane. Click on the layout you want for the new slide that you just inserted.
Figure 4: Inserted new slide
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to insert as many slides as you need. And remember to change the layouts as required.
- Thereafter, you can add titles, text, pictures, or any other slide objects within the new slides.
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2007 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint Online