PowerPoint can import pictures in several formats, from the ubiquitous JPG to the ancient BMP. Whichever file format you use, importing tens or even hundreds of pictures into consecutive PowerPoint slides can be a chore. Fortunately, the awesome Photo Album feature makes this task a simple affair. When you use the Photo Album feature it always creates a new presentation.
Follow these steps to create a Photo Album in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows:
- Access the Insert tab of the Ribbon, and click the down-arrow within Photo Album button. This brings up a small menu. Choose the New Photo Album option, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1.
Figure 1: New Photo Album option
- This opens the Photo Album dialog box that you see in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Photo Album dialog box
- Now click the File/Disk…. button, highlighted in red within Figure 2 above. Doing so opens the Insert New Pictures dialog box, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Insert New Pictures dialog box
- Navigate to where your photos are, and select the desired pictures:
- To select all pictures in your folder, press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + A.
- To select adjacent pictures, click on the first picture, then press and hold the Shift key and select the last picture in the sequence.
- To select multiple non-adjacent pictures, press and hold the Ctrl key while clicking on each picture you want to insert.
- When the selection is made, click the Insert button.
- This will add the selected pictures in the Pictures in album list (highlighted in red within Figure 4) in the Photo Album dialog box.
Figure 4: Pictures added in the Photo Album dialog box
- To add more pictures from another folder, repeat steps 2 and 3 again.
- The Photo Album dialog box provides several options such as re-ordering the pictures, making picture adjustments, changing picture layouts, and applying Themes. We cover all these aspects in separate tutorials (all linked from the bottom of this tutorial). For now, click the Create button, highlighted in blue within Figure 4, above to insert the pictures you have selected.
- A seperate presentation will be created for the Photo Album, as you can see in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Photo Album in PowerPoint 2013
- Save your presentation.
More Photo Album Tutorials:
- Editing Your Photo Album in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
- Reorder, Remove, and Edit Photos within Photo Album in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
- Photo Album Picture Layouts in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
- Using Captions in Photo Album Presentations in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
- Black and White Options for Photo Album Presentations in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
- Frame Shapes for Photo Album in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
- Apply Theme to Photo Album Presentations in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
- Photo Album Ideas and Samples in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Photo Album: Create Photo Album (Glossary Page)