Similar to Shape Styles for shapes on your slide, PowerPoint also provides Picture Styles for your inserted pictures. With a single click, Picture Styles can transform a simple looking picture to something more distinct. Note that unlike Shape Styles, Picture Styles are not Theme specific. They just transform your picture to make it look stylish by applying a border, or a 3-D effect, or by changing the frame shape, etc. Follow these steps to apply Picture Style presets to selected pictures in PowerPoint Online:
- Open your presentation and select the picture that you want to apply the style to. You can also select more than one picture on a single slide. Alternatively, insert a picture on any slide and select it.
- This brings up the Picture Tools Format tab on the Ribbon highlighted in blue within Figure 1); click on this tab to activate it. Within this Picture Tools Format tab, locate the Pictures Styles group and click the down arrow (More button) that you can see highlighted in red within Figure 1.
Figure 1: Picture Styles group
- This brings up the Picture Styles drop-down gallery that you can see in Figure 2. This gallery displays a collection of preset Picture Styles that are ready to use.
Figure 2: Picture Styles drop-down gallery
- Select any of the style previews within the Picture Styles drop-down gallery, and click on the preview thumbnail to apply the style to the selected picture.
- Figure 3 shows the selected picture with a Picture Style applied (compare with Figure 1).
Figure 3: Picture Style applied to the picture
- Click on the Slide Area away from the picture to deselect it.
- Remember to save your presentation often.
Pictures Appearance: Picture Styles (Glossary Page)