Introducing the Developer Ribbon Tab
PowerPoint 2007 (and other programs in Office 2007) sport a new interface that contains a tabbed Ribbon instead of the usual toolbars and menus. Several tabs may be visible in the Ribbon, and your tabs might be different than the tabs shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Ribbon and Tabs
As you can see, there is no Developer tab in the Ribbon. By default, this tab is not visible because most PowerPoint users really don't require any of the options in this tab. These options are related to working with macros, ActiveX controls, and VBA stuff.
Enable the Developer Tab of the Ribbon
To enable the Developer tab on the Ribbon, follow these steps:
- Choose Office Button | PowerPoint Options, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: PowerPoint Options
- This opens a dialog box of the same name, as shown in Figure 3. Choose the Popular tab on the left list so that the relevant options are available in the right side of this dialog box.
Figure 3: PowerPoint Options dialog box
- On the right side of the window check the option that says "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" (see Figure 4).
Figure 4: Show Developer tab in the Ribbon
- Press OK when you are done to get back to the PowerPoint interface.
- Figure 5 shows the Developer Tab added to the Ribbon.
Figure 5: Developer tab of the Ribbon