Delete Shapes from an Existing SmartArt Graphic in PowerPoint 2010
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: PowerPoint 2010
Date Created: April 5th 2011
Last Updated: April 5th 2011
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how to delete shapes from an existing SmartArt graphic in PowerPoint 2010.
Once you have inserted a SmartArt graphic within PowerPoint (or converted some bulleted text to SmartArt), you can easily add more shapes to your SmartArt graphics with just a click or two. You can even delete shapes from any existing SmartArt graphic -- follow these steps to delete shapes from your SmartArt graphics in PowerPoint 2010:
- Select your existing SmartArt graphic, as you can see in Figure
1. The SmartArt graphic variant that we are using (and have selected)
is the Diverging Radial.
Figure 1: Diverging Radial SmartArt graphic
Related Link: See more SmartArt graphic samples here.
- Select the shape within the SmartArt graphic which you want to delete
(see Figure 2). We have selected the top most circle
with Dubai written in it (refer to Figure 2 again).
Figure 2: Shape is selected within SmartArt graphic
- Now just press the Delete button on the keyboard, this will delete the selected shape within the SmartArt graphic, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Selected shape deleted
- Figure 4 shows you the SmartArt graphic after the selected shape was deleted, compare Figure 1 and Figure 4.
Figure 4: SmartArt graphic after selected shape was deleted
Delete Shapes from an Existing
SmartArt Graphic in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Delete Shapes from an Existing SmartArt Graphic in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Delete Shapes from an Existing SmartArt Graphic in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.