Delete Shapes from an Existing SmartArt Graphic in PowerPoint 2010
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: PowerPoint 2010
Date Created: April 5th 2011
Last Updated: April 5th 2011
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how to delete shapes from an existing SmartArt graphic in PowerPoint 2010.
Once you have inserted a SmartArt graphic within PowerPoint (or converted some bulleted text to SmartArt), you can easily add more shapes to your SmartArt graphics with just a click or two. You can even delete shapes from any existing SmartArt graphic -- follow these steps to delete shapes from your SmartArt graphics in PowerPoint 2010:
- Select your existing SmartArt graphic, as you can see in Figure
1. The SmartArt graphic variant that we are using (and have selected)
is the Diverging Radial.
Figure 1: Diverging Radial SmartArt graphic
Related Link: See more SmartArt graphic samples here.
- Select the shape within the SmartArt graphic which you want to delete
(see Figure 2). We have selected the top most circle
with Dubai written in it (refer to Figure 2 again).
Figure 2: Shape is selected within SmartArt graphic
- Now just press the Delete button on the keyboard, this will delete the selected shape within the SmartArt graphic, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Selected shape deleted
- Figure 4 shows you the SmartArt graphic after the selected shape was deleted, compare Figure 1 and Figure 4.
Figure 4: SmartArt graphic after selected shape was deleted
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts E-Book.