Change between SmartArt Graphic Layouts (Types) in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2011
OS: Mac OS X
Date Created: September 27th 2011
Last Updated: September 27th 2011
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how to change from one SmartArt graphic layout (type) to another in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac.
- Select your existing SmartArt graphic, as shown in Figure
1. The SmartArt graphic variant that has been used here (and selected)
is the Diverging Radial.
Figure 1: Diverging Radial SmartArt graphic
- With the SmartArt graphic selected, click on the SmartArt tab (highlighted in red in Figure 2). Within this tab locate the Change SmartArt Graphic group which includes buttons representing various categories of SmarArt.
Figure 2: SmartArt tab on the Ribbon
- Clicking any of these buttons will open a drop-down gallery displaying SmartArt graphic variants of that particular category. In Figure 3 you can see the Cycle category's gallery.
Figure 3: Cycle category's gallery
- Note that your current SmartArt type is highlighted with dark yellow border (see Figure 3 above). To change the SmartArt type, just click on another preview thumbnail that represents a different layout that you see in the drop-down gallery (see Figure 3).
In Figure 4, you can see that we have selected the Radial Venn type.
Figure 4: New layout selected within the Cycle category gallery
Tip: You can also select any SmartArt type - but do give a thought that your new type (layout) matches the type of relationship or logic that you want to illustrate.
- In Figure 5 you can see that the selected SmartArt graphic's layout has changed
Radial to Radial Venn (compare Figures 1 and 5).
Figure 5: SmartArt graphic's layout changed to Radial Venn
- Save your presentation.
If you liked this tutorial, do look at this book, authored by Geetesh Bajaj and James Gordon.
This book is the single most comprehensive content for Microsoft's latest Office suite offering for Mac users.
Check the book on Amazon.com...