Cards in Sway are essentially containers for your content. To place your Twitter content in Sway, or even a tweet from someone else you will first need to insert a Tweet Card.
Let us now explore how you can work with Tweet Cards in Sway:
- Add a new Tweet Card to your Storyline. To do so, select the Tweet card option within the Media cards category, highlighted in green within Figure 1, below. You will end up with the Tweet Card added to your Storyline, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Tweet card added
- To add a tweet, click the Add a tweet box, as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 1, above. This brings up the Insert pane that provides many sources to acquire a tweet, as shown in Figure 2 below. Do note that Sway is intelligent enough to make suggestions for tweets based on the title and other text content already used in your Sway presentation.
Figure 2: Sources in Insert pane
- If Sway’s suggestions are too generic for you, or if you want to explore further, you can then type in some keywords with or without hashtags in the Search sources box (area highlighted in red within Figure 2, above) to retrieve search results, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Search results
- From the search results, select the tweet you want. Then drag and drop into the Add a tweet box, shown highlighted in blue within Figure 1, earlier on this page. Figure 4 shows an added tweet. Note that a Tweet Card represents a single tweet from Twitter. The tweet added can be a regular text tweet or a tweet with a media element, such as an image.
Figure 4: Tweet added
- Other than the Tweet itself (area highlighted in red within Figure 4, above), Sway also displays the source of the tweet. There are some options within the Tweet card, shown highlighted in blue within Figure 4, above. These options are explained below from left to right:
- Select the display size you prefer from Subtle, Moderate, or Intense.
- Delete: Click this button to delete the entire Tweet card.
- You can similarly add more Tweet cards as needed. Do preview or play your Sway to view the output.