It's so easy to create and insert captions using the Caption Editor within the STAMP add-in for PowerPoint. But if your captions already available as TTML files, you can import those captions into PowerPoint even more easily.
Follow these steps to import captions contained inside TTML XML files within PowerPoint:
- Before importing any captions, you need a slide that has a video clip inserted. Select the inserted video, and you'll activate the Video Tools tab of the Ribbon. Then click the Playback tab highlighted in red, as shown within Figure 1.
Figure 1: Select the Playback tab
- Within the Captions group, click the bottom part of the Add Captions button to bring up the menu shown in Figure 2. Then choose the Caption From File option.
Figure 2: Click the Captions From File option
- This brings up the Open dialog box, as shown in Figure 3. Locate the folder where your TTML XML file is saved, select it and click the Open button.
Figure 3: Open dialog box
- This will open the Load Captions dialog box (see Figure 4). Click the OK button to import the captions.
Figure 4: Load Captions window
- This imports the captions into PowerPoint for the selected movie clip, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Captions imported into PowerPoint
- Play the slideshow to see all the captions playing. Save your presentation.