Insert Video from Facebook in PowerPoint 2013
Learn how to insert video from your Facebook account in PowerPoint 2013.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
OS: Windows 7, 8, and 10
The last option within our tutorials of the Insert Online Video series is bringing in videos from Facebook. There is a prerequisite though -- to insert video from your Facebook account you will first have to add Facebook as a connected Service within your Microsoft account -- this needs to be done only once. Explore our Add Services in PowerPoint 2013 tutorial to learn more.
Follow these steps to learn how to use the Facebook option to insert a video within PowerPoint 2013.
- Access the Insert tab of the
Ribbon, and click the
Video button (highlighted in red within
Figure 1). From the resultant drop-down menu, choose the Online Video option
(highlighted in blue within Figure 1).
Figure 1: Online Video option
- This will bring up the Insert Video dialog box, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Insert Video dialog box
Notice the Facebook option, highlighted in red within Figure 2, above.
The Facebook option provides three options which are explained below, as marked in Figure 2 above:
- Manage: Click the Manage hyperlink to open your Microsoft account page -- here you can
manage your Facebook account. Learn more in our
Manage and Remove
Connected Services in PowerPoint 2013 tutorial.
- Video Preview: This shows you thumbnail previews of videos within your Facebook
account -- typically this shows just one video clip.
If you see no video thumbnails, that means you have no videos uploaded to your Facebook account.
- See more: Click this to open the next window in the dialog box to see all video clips
within your Facebook account.
- Manage: Click the Manage hyperlink to open your Microsoft account page -- here you can manage your Facebook account. Learn more in our Manage and Remove Connected Services in PowerPoint 2013 tutorial.
- We clicked the See more hyperlink. This opens the next screen where
you can see all videos within the Facebook account, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Window showing videos within the Facebook account
Options within this window are explained below, as marked in Figure 3 above.
- Back to Sites: Click this option to get back to the Insert Video dialog
box (refer to Figure 2, shown earlier in this page).
- All Videos: This shows the folder from the videos are being showed.
- Search Result: Here you can see all videos within the active folder.
- Video Info: Here you can see the video name and source of the selected video.
- Selected Item: Since you can’t select more than one video at a time, you will always see ‘1 item selected’ here.
Hover your cursor over the video thumbnail to see a magnifying glass icon, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 4.
Figure 4: Magnifying glass icon appears over the video preview
- Back to Sites: Click this option to get back to the Insert Video dialog box (refer to Figure 2, shown earlier in this page).
Click the icon to preview a larger video, as shown in Figure 5. Use the Player Controls bar to preview the video.
Figure 5: Larger preview of the video
- Select the video you want and click the Insert button, highlighted in
red within Figure 5, above
- The selected video will be downloaded and inserted within your slide, as shown in
Figure 6: Video inserted on the slide
Resize your video, as required.
- Make sure to save your presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.