Convert SmartArt Graphic to Text in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2011
OS: Mac OS X
Date Created: October 17th 2011
Last Updated: October 17th 2011
Excerpt/Capsule: Learn how to convert a SmartArt graphic to bulleted text in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac.
One of the best options to create new SmartArt is by converting your existing bulleted text to a SmartArt graphic. Sometimes though, you might want to do the reverse -- that is converting a SmartArt into bulleted text. Follow these steps to explore more -- do note though that you will be left with just plain text rather than any shapes or visuals.
- Select your existing SmartArt graphic, as you can see in Figure
1. The SmartArt graphic variant that we are using (and have selected)
is the Horizontal Picture List. Note that when you convert this SmartArt graphic to bulleted text, you will lose all the pictures contained within this graphic.
Figure 1: Horizontal Picture List SmartArt with text
- Select the SmartArt tab of the Ribbon (highlighted in red in Figure
1). Within this tab, locate the Reset group which is towards the extreme right, and within this group, click the Convert button (highlighted in blue in Figure
1) to access the drop-down list that you can see in Figure 2. In this drop-down list, select the Convert to Text option (refer to Figure 2 again).
Figure 2: Convert to Text option selected
- This will convert the selected SmartArt graphic into a bulleted list, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: SmartArt graphic converted into a bulleted list
Warning: Do note that all existing shapes and
pictures in your SmartArt will be lost when it is converted to
text -- so if you are not sure, you can create a copy of your slide
with SmartArt graphic, and then do the conversion.
If you liked this tutorial, do look at this book, authored by Geetesh Bajaj and James Gordon.
This book is the single most comprehensive content for Microsoft's latest Office suite offering for Mac users.
Check the book on Amazon.com...