Within this first tutorial in our series that explores
Insert Online Pictures in
PowerPoint 2013, we are going to explore the Office Clip Art option. This online picture
service is provided by Microsoft, and includes royalty-free photos and illustrations. Follow these steps to learn
how to use the Office Clip Art option to insert a picture within
- Access the Insert tab of the
Ribbon, and click the
Online Pictures button (highlighted in red within
Figure 1: Online Pictures button within the Insert tab
- This will bring up the Insert Pictures dialog box, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Insert Pictures dialog box
- Type in the keyword(s) within the box placed next to the Office.com Clip Art option and press
Enter key. In Figure 2, above you can see that we choose "nature" as
our keyword, shown highlighted in red within Figure 2, above.
- Based on the keyword(s) entered, you'll get the results in the next window, as shown in
Figure 3: Insert Pictures dialog box with search results
Options within the search result window are explained below, as marked in Figure 3 above.
- Back to sites: Click this option to get back to the Insert Pictures dialog
box (refer to Figure 2, shown earlier in this page).
- Pictures result: Here you can see the number of search results for the keyword you have
- Search bar: This search bar allows you to make changes or enter more keywords.
- Search result: Here you can see all the pictures that Office.com Clip Art
provides for the keyword you have entered.
- Picture source: Here you can see the source, resolution, and name of the picture you
- Selected items: Here you can see the number of pictures you have selected.
Hover your cursor over the picture to see a magnifying glass icon, as shown highlighted in
red within Figure 4.
Figure 4: Magnifying glass icon appeared on the picture
Click the icon to see a larger preview, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Larger preview of the picture
- Select one or more pictures. Then click the Insert button highlighted in
red within Figure 5, above.
- The selected picture(s) will be downloaded and inserted within your slide, as shown in
Figure 6: Pictures inserted on the slide
- Make sure to save your presentation.
Want to search only for photographs? Or perhaps you want to search only for illustration
type drawings? It's easy with this undocumented tip! Just add the keywords photo
after your search term(s) to limit your searches to photographs or illustrations
shows results of a search for the keywords, Nature photo
shows results of a search for the keywords, Nature drawing
Search result of keywords Nature photo
Search result of keywords Nature drawing
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences:
PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007 and 2003 for Windows
PowerPoint 2016 and 2011 for Mac
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado?
Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences ebook.