Remove Bookmarks from Video Clips in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Learn how to remove Bookmarks from a video clip in PowerPoint 2010.
Author: Geetesh Bajaj
Product/Version: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Date Created: July 6th 2012
Last Updated: July 6th 2012
Now that you know how you can add Bookmarks to video clips in PowerPoint 2010, you may want to know how you can edit and remove those Bookmarks. At this point of time, let's state some facts -- we have bad news and good news. The bad news is that PowerPoint does not let you edit the inserted Bookmarks -- for instance, you cannot change the time of the Bookmark from 25 seconds to 28 seconds. You will have to remove the Bookmark you wanted to edit, and add a new Bookmark all over again! On the other hand, removing a Bookmark is easy -- and that is the good news!
In this tutorial, we'll show how you can remove a Bookmark from a video clip:
- Open your presentation, and navigate to the required slide where you have already inserted a video clip. If your video clip has no Bookmarks added, go ahead and add Bookmarks. The video clip that you see in Figure 1, below has four bookmarks added.
Figure 1: Video clip with multiple Bookmarks added
- Now, within the Player Controls bar, locate the Bookmark that you want to remove, and click it to select. Place your cursor over the Bookmark to see the Bookmark's name and time position in the tool tip (see Figure 2, below). A selected Bookmark is indicated by a yellow dot, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 2.
Figure 2: Selected bookmark within the Player Controls bar
- With your bookmark selected, locate the Bookmarks group within the Video Tools Playback tab. Now, click the Remove Bookmark button, highlighted in red within Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: Remove Bookmark button within the Bookmarks group
Note: Do not press the Delete key on your keyboard -- that will delete the entire video clip from your slide!
- This will remove the Bookmark from the video clip, as shown in Figure 4. If you removed this Bookmark by error, quickly undo the last step by pressing Ctrl+Z.
Figure 4: Bookmark is removed
- Make sure you save your presentation.
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado? Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences E-Book.