Before you start working with Sway to create your own digital presentations, reports, or documents, you must first sign in using your Microsoft account. A Microsoft account contains credentials you use to sign into any of Microsoft's services such as Hotmail, Outlook, XBox, Live, Zune, etc. In this tutorial, we explain how you can sign into Sway:
- Open the Sway site in any browser, as shown in Figure 1. Within the Sway homepage, you'll find the Sign In button, highlighted in red within Figure 1. Click this button.
Figure 1: Sign In button within Sway
- This opens the Sign in window, as shown in Figure 2. Here type in your Microsoft account email address within the box, shown highlighted in red within Figure 2. Then click the Next button shown highlighted in blue within Figure 2.
Figure 2: Sign in window
- This opens a page where you can enter your password. Figure 3, below shows the email address and password filled within the required boxes. You can optionally also select the Keep me signed in checkbox. Of course, don't select this check-box on a shared computer! Thereafter, click the Sign In button highlighted in red within Figure 3.
Figure 3: Sign into Sway
- This signs you into Sway, as shown in Figure 4, below. As we have not yet created any Sways yet, you can only see content uploaded by others. You can create a new Sway by clicking the Create New button, shown highlighted in red in two places within Figure 4. You can also import your existing content such as PowerPoint, PDF, and Word files by clicking on the Import button, highlighted in blue within Figure 4.
Figure 4: Signed into Sway
- To sign out, click the three dots, shown highlighted in green within Figure 4, above. This will open a small menu as shown in Figure 5, below. Choose the Sign out option.
Figure 5: Sign out option