Unlike with typical programs, Sway was created from the ground-up to be a program that allows easy sharing. Once you create a Sway, you will want to share your Sway with colleagues, family, and even friends. Sway provides some awesome sharing options, and we will explore them in this tutorial.
Follow these steps to learn more:
- Open any existing Sway that you want to share, as can be seen in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: An open Sway
- Now click the Share button as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1. This brings up the Share drop-down menu, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Share drop-down menu
- Options within the Share drop-down menu are explained below, as marked in Figure 2, above:
- If you want to stop sharing your Sway, slide this Share switch to Just me, and you will deactivate all Share options, as shown in Figure 3. Note that you can slide this switch only if you are signed in as the owner of the Sway. Also, if you slide the switch to Just me, and then revert it again to Share, Sway restores access for previously shared others.
Figure 3: Share switch, set to Just me
- To make your Sway public, click Docs.com – Your public gallery. This option will publishes your Sway to Docs.com, a file sharing and curation site from Microsoft. Once the Sway is published on Docs.com, anyone searching Bing, Google, or other search engines can find, view, and share your Sway.
- To share your Sway on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Yammer, and others, click any of the icons within the Share with friendssection. Alternatively, you can copy the URL shown in the box under the social media icons and then paste it where you want.
- Within this section you will also find the option to embed your Sway. To do that, click the Show more icon, as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 4. Now click the Get embed code button (shown highlighted in red within Figure 4).
Figure 4: Get embed code button
- This brings up the Embed this Sway window, as shown in FIgure 5. Copy the code by pressing the Ctrl + C shortcut key (⌘ + C on a Mac) shortcut key to copy the already selected embed code, and paste it wherever you want to embed it. Click the Close button to return to Sway.
Figure 5: Embed this Sway window
- If you want to permanently stop sharing your current Sway, click the Stop sharing button, as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 2, earlier on this page. This permanently changes the URL of your Sway so that anyone who previously could access with a link will no longer be able to do so. To share a Sway after you've stopped sharing it, send a new share link.
- Choose any of the Share options based on your requirement.