If you have seen a couple of Sways, you will know that how you move from one Card to another can differ. In some Sways, you move from left to right. In others, you move from top to bottom. You can control these options within your Sways, as we will explore within this tutorial.
The Navigation option in Sway enables you to specify how you want others to navigate your Sway by selecting a layout. Currently, there are only three options available. In this tutorial we'll explore these three options
Follow these steps to learn more:
- Open an existing Sway. Figure 1 below shows an open Sway.
Figure 1: An open Sway
- Now click the Navigation button as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1. This will bring up the Navigation pane, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 2.
Figure 2: Navigation pane
- There are three options within the Navigation pane. In this case, the Optimized for presentation option is selected (determined by a tick mark).
- The options within the Navigation pane are explained below:
- If this option is selected you will get the usual vertical scroll, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 3. Note that Sways with a vertical layout don't have the navigation buttons (as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 2), you need to scroll them down to view, as you would in any other long web page.
Figure 3: Scroll vertically
- Select this option to show navigation buttons appear in the lower-right corner (highlighted in blue within Figure 2) that enable you to move from Card to Card.
- Sway decides which navigation option will work best.
- Preview your Sway to determine that your chosen Navigation works optimally for your Sway.