A Sway you create comprises of Sections – these Sections play one after the other when you view the Sway. However before any Section, you encounter the Title Card, which is akin to the cover page of your Sway. Similarly in Sway, Heading Cards are cover pages of individual Sections!
When you insert a new Heading Card, you end up creating a new Section. To add a new Heading Card, follow these steps:
- If the All Cards pane is not visible, click the Cards option, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Cards option
- Thereafter click the Heading option (highlighted in blue within Figure 1, above) within the Text category.
- This will add a blank new Section with a Heading Card, as shown in Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: New Section with Heading card added
- There is an alternative way to add a Heading Card. First access the Card after which you want to add a new Heading Card and Section. Click the Plus icon at the bottom left of this Card to bring up a small gallery. Then click the Heading option as shown highlighted in red within Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: Heading option
- Either way you end up adding a new Heading Card and a new Section within your Sway Storyline at the same time, as shown in Figure 4, below.
Figure 4: A new Heading Card and a new Section added
- You can now type some text within the Heading Card and also add a Background picture – these techniques work in the same way as they work with the Title Card – explore our Title Cards in Sway tutorial to learn more.