The fifth and the last Card type within the Group Cards category in Sway is the Grid Group Card. The Grid Group Card can include both Picture Cards and Text Cards. As expected, the Grid Group Card displays your Sway content in a grid form. There is no limitation on the number of Picture and Text cards you can add within the Grid Group Card.
Follow these steps to see how the Grid Group Card works:
- Create a new Sway or open an existing one. Then access the All Cards pane and select the Group category, as shown in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Group Cards within All Cards pane
- Then choose the Grid option, highlighted in red within Figure 1. This will place a new Group Card in your Storyline with a Grid Group layout, as shown in Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: Grid Group Card added
- Click the Add Content box, highlighted in blue within Figure 2, above. This will show the Insert pane, as can be seen in Figure 3, below. Options within the Insert pane are explained in our Insert Options in Sway tutorial.
Figure 3: Insert pane
- We added multiple Picture Cards, as you can see in Figure 4, below.
Figure 4: Picture Cards in our Grid Group Card
- The moment you click on the Group handle on the top (highlighted in red within Figure 4, above), you will find that your Group Card collapses, as shown in Figure 5, below.
Figure 5: Grid Group created
- You will also notice that several options are available in the area now. The options in the area highlighted in red within Figure 5 are explained in Step 5 on our Automatic Group Cards in Sway tutorial page. And the area highlighted in blue within Figure 5 is explained in Step 4 on our Picture Cards in Sway tutorial page.
- Delete: The last button on the right will delete the entire Group Card with all its contents!
- Within the individual Cards contained in the Group, you can do everything you do with regular Picture Cards, as shown in Figure 6, below. You will notice that this Card sports all the options (area highlighted in red) that are available within a regular Picture Card.
Figure 6: Picture Card within the Group Card
- Optionally, you can add captions to the pictures.
The embed below shows an actual Sway that uses the Grid Group Card.