We explored Design Styles in Sway. There are several Design Styles that you can apply. Even better, you are not restricted to the Styles available because Sway allows you to customize any existing Style so that you can make the end results more personalized.
Follow these steps to learn more:
- Open an existing Sway, or create a new one. Then access the Design pane, as explained in our Designs in Sway tutorial.
- This will bring up the Design pane that you can see in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Design pane
- To customize a Design Style, you click the Customize button, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1 above. Even before you do so, look carefully if the Style you want to customize is indeed close to what you want to end up with? It is a good idea to select the Design Style you wish to use as a starting point for customization by clicking on its thumbnail. In Figure 1 above, you will notice that the selected Design Style is indicated by a tick mark (highlighted in blue). Once the Design Style is selected, go ahead and click the Customize button.
- This will bring up the customize options within the Design pane, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Customize options within the Design pane
- Within the Color inspiration area (highlighted in blue within Figure 2), you will notice that some pictures used in our Sway show up. You can select any of these pictures, and Sway will automatically create a color theme based on colors picked up from your picture, as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 3, below (compare to the colors shown in Figure 2).
Figure 3: Colors changed
- Choose any of the color thumbnails.
- Next you can choose from some Font Choices. To do that click on the white box that lists two font choices (highlighted in red within Figure 3). This will show you a drop-down list of font choices, as shown in Figure 4, below.
Figure 4: Font choices
- Choose any of the Font choices available.
- Finally choose how you want your Animation emphasis to be. You can choose from Subtle, Moderate, and Intense (see Figure 5).
Figure 5: Animation emphasis
- Now close the Design pane by clicking on the Close button on the top right of the pane (highlighted in red within Figure 5, above).
- Your Sway will now be applied with the new customized Design Style (see Figure 6).
Figure 6: Sway with customized Design Style