Once you create a Sway, you can share it with others who can view your Sway. However, did you know that you can also share your Sway with others and also allow them to edit your Sway! Imagine that you could create a Sway that you share with several others and provide them with edit access. They could then add more content such as text, pictures, or anything else. This approach makes Sway a very powerful media sharing and editing platform. In this tutorial, we will explore how you can share and invite others to edit your Sway.
Follow these steps to learn more:
- Open an existing Sway, within which you wish to add a new Author. You can see within Figure 1 that the Authors button (highlighted in red) shows just one author.
Figure 1: An open Sway
- Now click the Authors button as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1. This brings up the Share an edit link drop-down window, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Share an edit link drop-down window
- Copy this link and send it to whomsoever you want to add as an Author.
- The person who has received the link you sent needs to paste that link into a browser’s address bar. If they are not signed into Sway, they may be asked to sign in or even register on the Sway site. Thereafter, they will be prompted by the Edit this Sway window, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Edit this Sway window
- Note that there are two buttons within the Edit this Sway window:
- View Only: The recipient of the link will only be able to view the Sway.
- Edit: The recipient of the link will be able to edit the Sway
Once an Author has been added, you can use Sway’s amazing co-authoring feature, as explained in our Co-Authoring in Sway tutorial.