When you bring up the Themes gallery within PowerPoint 2013, do you find that several Themes are missing? Alternatively, do you find that your friends and colleagues have more Themes than you do? Whatever be the reason for your missing Themes, it is possible to get them back.
Follow these step to learn more:
- Within PowerPoint 2013, access the File menu, and choose Options, as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 1.
Figure 1: Choose Options within the File menu
- This brings up the PowerPoint Options dialog box, as shown in Figure 2. Within the PowerPoint Options dialog box's sidebar, make sure that the Trust Center option (highlighted in red within Figure 2) is selected. Then click the Trust Center Setting button (highlighted in blue within Figure 2).
Figure 2: PowerPoint Options dialog box
- This brings up the Trust Center dialog box, as shown in Figure 3. Within the Trust Center dialog box make sure you select Privacy Options in the sidebar, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 3. Then deselect the Allow Office to connect to the Internet check box (shown highlighted in blue within Figure 3). Once done click the OK button, as shown highlighted in green within Figure 3.
Figure 3: Trust Center dialog box
- This will take you back to PowerPoint Options dialog box - here also click the OK button.
- Now access the Design tab of the Ribbon. Then open the Themes drop-down gallery and click the Enable Content Updates from Office.com option, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 4.
Figure 4: Themes drop-down gallery
- This will bring up a window asking if you want to allow Office to connect to the Internet. Click the OK button.
Figure 5: Message Window
- Exit PowerPoint and restart. The extra Themes should now show up within the Themes drop-down gallery. Note that it may take several minutes for all of the extra Themes to download for the first time.
Themes Basics: Missing Themes in PowerPoint (Index Page)