OK, here's the actual process:
- Get started with a blank slide. Now, access the Drawing toolbar, and choose AutoShapes | More AutoShapes, as shown in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: More AutoShapes
- Doing so brings up the Clip Art task pane with lots of extra shapes. Scroll down this pane until you find the Chord shape, as shown in Figure 2, below. Drag it to your slide.
Figure 2: Chord shape
- Once it is in your slide, you'll notice that the semi-circle placed here has a shadow, as shown in Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: Semi-circle
- To get rid of that shadow, you can click the Shadow icon in the Drawing toolbar, and click the No Shadow option in the resultant menu as shown in Figure 4, below.
Figure 4: No Shadow
- Now, you have a semi-circle without a shadow, as shown in Figure 5, below. Notice the green rotation handle on the top of the shape. You can use that to rotate your semi-circle as required.
Figure 5: Semi-circle