It's so simple to draw a straight, point to point line in PowerPoint. Now, in this tutorial we'll move on to show you how you can draw a curved line in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac.
Follow these steps draw a curved edged triangle using the Curve shape tool in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac:
- Launch PowerPoint. You will see the Presentation Gallery which allows you to set all attributes of your new presentation, such as a preset Theme or template. Make selections or just click Cancel in this gallery to open a blank presentation with a new slide. PowerPoint 2011 users can change the slide layout of this slide to Blank by selecting the option Layout | Blank within the Home tab of the Ribbon.
- Within the Home tab of the Ribbon, click the Shape button to view the Shape gallery that you can see in Figure 1. Select the Lines and Connectors option within this gallery, and from the resultant sub-menu, select the Curve shape (refer to Figure 1 again).
Figure 1: Curve shape selected
- As soon as the Curve shape is selected, the cursor changes to a cross hair as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Cursor changed to a cross hair
- Click anywhere on the slide and let go your mouse button to establish the starting point of your curve. Thereafter, move the cursor a little towards the bottom-left of the first point in an approximately 45-degree angle, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Drawing a line
- Click again and let go off the mouse button. Now when you move the cursor rightwards, you'll see the curve bend (see Figure 4).
Figure 4: Drawing a curve
- Click again to establish a third point of the triangle, and let go off the mouse button yet again. Now move the cursor up towards the first point, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Curved edged triangle being drawn
- Click over the first point to close the shape. The shape gets filled to denote that it has indeed been closed. You'll also see the shape is surrounded by eight selection handles, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: A curved edged triangle drawn with the curve shape tool
- Click anywhere on the slide to deselect the shape.
Drawing Lines: Drawing Curved Lines in PowerPoint (Index Page)Drawing Curved Lines in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Drawing Curved Lines in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Drawing Curved Lines in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Drawing Curved Lines in PowerPoint 2007 for Windows