Editing a presentation uploaded on OneDrive is easy, and you have two choices. You can open and edit a PowerPoint file in PowerPoint installed on your computer or within PowerPoint Online. In this tutorial, we'll explore how to open a PowerPoint file within PowerPoint Online:
Everything Looks Different?Unlike desktop applications, both OneDrive and PowerPoint Online are constantly evolving much faster. That may explain why screenshots on this page sport an interface different from what you see when you log in.
- Sign in to your OneDrive account. Within your OneDrive folders, navigate and select the PowerPoint file which you want to open. In Figure 1, below you can see that we have selected a PowerPoint file (highlighted in red).
Figure 1: PowerPoint file selected for opening
- With the file selected, click the Open button, shown highlighted in green within Figure 1, above. This bring up the Open drop-down menu as shown in Figure 2. Within this drop-down menu, select the Open in PowerPoint Online option, highlighted in red within Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: Open in PowerPoint Online option
- You can also click the selected file to open it in PowerPoint Online. Alternatively, right-click on the selected file. This brings up a contextual menu, as shown in Figure 3. Within this contextual menu, select the Open in PowerPoint Online option, highlighted in red within Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: Open in PowerPoint Online option within contextual menu
- This opens the selected file in a new browser tab. Now click the Editing View button highlighted in red within Figure 4.
Figure 4: Editing View button
- Alternatively, click the Edit Presentation button, highlighted in blue with Figure 4, above. This will bring up a small menu, shown in Figure 5, below. Choose the Edit in PowerPoint Online option.
Figure 5: Choose to edit your presentation
- Either way, you will open the presentation into editing view, as shown in Figure 6, below.
Figure 6: Presentation in Editing view
- Make edits as required, and then close your presentation.
Open from OneDrive in PowerPoint for Mac
Open from OneDrive in PowerPoint for Windows