You can ungroup a slide object only if they are grouped in the first place. Before starting this tutorial, make sure you have a group of slide objects. You can learn how to group in PowerPoint 2007 or later versions here.
- Select the group on the slide, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Grouped object on slide
- Now choose either of these options to ungroup the objects:
- Right-click the selected objects carefully to get a contextual menu, from the menu choose Group | Ungroup (see Figure 2).
Figure 2: Ungroup
- Alternatively, you'll find that selecting the objects shows the Drawing Tools Format tab of the Ribbon, as shown in Figure 3. Activate this Ribbon tab.
Figure 3: Drawing Tools Format tab of the Ribbon
- From the Drawing Tools Format tab, locate the Arrange group, then select the Group | Ungroup option, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Ungroup slide objects
- The easiest option is to use the shortcut key: Ctrl + Shift + G. See more shortcut keys here.
- Save your presentation.
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts
Do you want more keyboard shortcuts?
Explore our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences Ebook that is updated for all PowerPoint versions.
Problems with Ungrouping? See our Ungrouping in PowerPoint Troubleshooting page.