Once your Photo Album presentation has been created, you may notice that the default Photo Album template is a white background with black text. And, if this is what you want, then you need not change a thing. However, you can easily change the appearance of the slides by applying a new Theme to your Photo Album presentation. Of course, you can do this task outside the Photo Album presentation, in the normal way that you apply a Theme. But you can also apply a Theme right within the Photo Album dialog box.
Follow these steps to apply Theme to a Photo Album in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows:
- Open your existing Photo Album presentation, and choose the Insert tab | Photo Album | Edit Photo Album option.
- Doing so opens the Edit Photo Album dialog box, as shown in Figure 1. Within the Album Layout section, you will find the Theme option (highlighted in red within Figure 1).
Figure 1: Edit Photo Album dialog box
- By default, the plain Office Theme with a white background and black text is applied. To change to a new Theme, click the Browse... button (refer to Figure 1 above).
- This action opens the Choose Theme dialog box, as shown in Figure 2, displaying all the pre-built themes in your system. You can also navigate to any other folder that has Theme files. In fact, you can also apply any other PowerPoint file as a Theme. You can also select any existing PPTX file to apply its inbuilt Theme.
Figure 2: Choose Theme dialog box
- Choose any of the Themes, and click the Select button (highlighted in red within Figure 2 above).
- Doing so will take you back to Edit Photo Album dialog box. Note that the path of the Theme you have selected is displayed, as you can see highlighted in red within Figure 3.
Figure 3: Selected Themes path
- Now click the Update button (highlighted in blue in Figure 3 above).
- Save your Photo Album presentation.
Photo Album: Apply Themes to Photo Album Presentations (Glossary Page)