Our next option within the Insert Online Pictures in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows series of tutorials is exploring how you can insert pictures from your OneDrive account. Note that you must have some pictures already uploaded to your OneDrive folders for working with this tutorial. Luckily with OneDrive's camera upload options for all phone platforms, most of us possibly already have tons of pictures in our OneDrive folders.
What is OneDrive?
OneDrive is an online service from Microsoft that allows you to store and edit files online. OneDrive also provides you access to PowerPoint for the Web, a web-based version of PowerPoint that runs within a browser window.
Follow these steps to learn how to use the OneDrive option in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows to insert pictures:
- Access the Insert tab of the Ribbon, and click the Online Pictures button (highlighted in red within Figure 1).
Figure 1: Online Pictures button
- This will bring up the Insert Pictures dialog box, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Insert Pictures dialog box
- Within the Insert Pictures dialog box, locate the OneDrive option. Then click the Browse hyperlink, highlighted in red within Figure 2, above.
- This opens the next screen where you can see uploaded individual pictures or picture folders. Figure 3 shows a folder with pictures, as shown highlighted in red.
Figure 3: Window showing folder containing pictures within OneDrive
- Open the folder to see all the pictures it contains, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Pictures within OneDrive account
- Options within the window are explained below, as marked in Figure 4 above.
- Click this option to get back to the Insert Pictures dialog box (refer to Figure 2, shown earlier in this page).
- Here you can see the folder name that contains the pictures.
- Here you can see all the pictures within the folder of your OneDrive account. If there are many pictures, you can use the scroll bar to view more pictures.
- Here you can see the resolution and name of the picture you select.
- Here you can see the number of pictures you have selected. Press Ctrl key while clicking on pictures to select multiple pictures.
- Select one or more pictures that you want to insert on your slide, as shown in Figure 5. You can see orange highlights around the pictures selected. When you select picture(s) within this window, you can also see the number of pictures selected, as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 5.
Figure 5: Pictures selected for inserting
- Click the Insert button (highlighted in red within Figure 5, above) to insert the selected picture or pictures on your active slide as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Selected pictures inserted on the slide
- Make sure to save your presentation.
A. Back to Sites
B. OneDrive Folder
C. Search Result
D. Picture Info
E. Selected Items
Pictures Basics and Adjustments: Insert Pictures from OneDrive (Glossary Page)