There is no doubt if you are using a rich, vibrant colored picture than olde-worlde black and white for your presentation, the colored pictures will attract more attention. However, the visibility in terms of contrast is far superior in a black and white photo. Artists and photography purists have long hailed the black and white picture as a creative medium. You may want to extend this creative medium to your Photo Album presentations. Fortunately, a click or two is all that is required to create an inspirational black and white Photo Album in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows:
- Open your existing Photo Album presentation, and choose the Insert tab | Photo Album | Edit Photo Album option, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Edit Photo Album option
- The Edit Photo Album dialog box opens, allowing you to edit the Photo Album (see Figure 2).
Figure 2: Edit Photo Album dialog box
- Within the Picture Options section, select the ALL pictures black and white check-box, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: ALL pictures black and white check-box selected
- As soon as the ALL pictures black and white check-box is selected, you'll notice that the preview box also shows a grayscale picture (highlighted in blue within Figure 3 above. Compare to the same picture preview in Figure 2, shown previously on this page).
- Click the Update button (highlighted in green within Figure 3) to apply the changes.
- Figure 4 shows the Photo Album presentation with all pictures converted into black and white (grayscale).
Figure 4: Pictures converted to black and white
- Save your Photo Album presentation.