After adding Bookmarks to video clips, you may want to know how you can edit and remove those Bookmarks. PowerPoint does not let you edit inserted Bookmarks. For instance, you cannot change the time of the Bookmark from 25 seconds to 28 seconds. You will have to remove the Bookmark you wanted to edit and add a new Bookmark all over again! On the other hand, removing a Bookmark is easy!
What’s a Bookmark for a Video?
A Bookmark for a video clip is a saved time position within the Player Control bar of the clip.
In this tutorial, we'll show how you can remove a Bookmark from a video clip in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows:
- Open your presentation, and navigate to the required slide where you have already inserted a video clip. If your video clip has no Bookmarks added, go ahead and add Bookmarks. The video clip has five bookmarks added. These are visible within the Player Controls bar, highlighted in red within Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Video clip with multiple Bookmarks added
- Now, within the Player Controls bar, locate the Bookmark that you want to remove, and click it to select. Place your cursor over the Bookmark to see the Bookmark's name and time position in the tool-tip, as shown in Figure 2, below. A selected Bookmark is indicated by a yellow dot, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 2.
Figure 2: Selected bookmark within the Player Controls bar
- With your bookmark selected, locate the Bookmarks group within the Video Tools Playback tab. Now, click the Remove Bookmark button, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: Remove Bookmark button within the Bookmarks group
- Do not press the Delete key on your keyboard. Doing so will delete the entire video clip from your slide!
- This action will remove the Bookmark from the video clip, as shown in Figure 4, below. If you removed this Bookmark by error, quickly undo the last step by pressing Ctrl + Z.
Figure 4: Bookmark is removed
- Make sure to save your presentation often.
Think Before You Delete!
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts
Do you want more keyboard shortcuts?
Explore our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences Ebook that is updated for all PowerPoint versions.
14 03 02 - Bookmarks in Video Clips: Remove Bookmarks from Video Clips in PowerPoint (Glossary Page)