Presentation Companion is a free add-in for PowerPoint 2010 for Windows from Microsoft that is designed to work in tandem with PowerPoint Mobile on your phone. Using a wireless connection such as Bluetooth, Presentation Companion lets you control the presentation, view your slide notes, and do more from your Windows Mobile phone as long as you have the new Office Mobile 2010 programs including PowerPoint installed.
So to paraphrase, this is what you need:
- PowerPoint 2010 or 2007 installed on your regular system such as a laptop or desktop that may or may not be connected to a projector.
- Presentation Companion, a free add-in from Microsoft needs to be installed within your desktop copy of PowerPoint 2010. The mobile version of PowerPoint 2010 already has this functionality built-in so that's already equipped.
- You can download Presentation Companion from the Microsoft site as shown in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Download Presentation Companion from the Microsoft site.
- Do note that there are separate downloads of Presentation Companion for 32 bit and 64 bit versions of PowerPoint 2010 and 2007:
- Presentation Companion - 32 bit
Presentation Companion - 64 bit
- Once installed, Presentation Companion shows up within the Add-Ins tab of the Ribbon in PowerPoint, as shown in Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: Presentation Companion in the Add-Ins tab.
- You also need a Windows Mobile phone that includes the new PowerPoint 2010 Mobile program as shown in Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: PowerPoint 2010 Mobile
- Finally, you need connectivity between the desktop and mobile versions of PowerPoint 2010. Typically this is a Bluetooth connection and Presentation Companion helps you set this up too.
Once you have all these in place, you are ready to go to the next step in the process.