Among the many views that PowerPoint 2011 for Mac includes is the Slide Master view. The Slide Master influences the default text formatting and slide layouts for any slide in a presentation. Any changes you make to the Slide Master and its layouts are instantly applied to the entire presentation. The purpose of this tutorial though is not to teach you how you can modify the Slide Master, but how you can access it, and what the interface looks like.
Figure 1 shows the Slide Master view.
Figure 1: Slide Master view in PowerPoint 2011
To access the Slide Master view, you can choose either of these options:
- Choose the View | Master | Slide Master menu option.
- Shift-click the Normal view button on the Status Bar (highlighted in red in Figure 1, above).
To go back to Normal view from Slide Master view, choose any of these options:
- Choose the View | Normal menu option.
- Access the Slide Master tab of the Ribbon, Within Master View group click the Close button (highlighted in blue in Figure 1, above).
- Locate the yellow strip just below the Ribbon and above the Slide Area (see Figure 1). On the extreme right of this strip is the Close Master button. Click this button.
Views: Slide Master View in PowerPoint (Index Page)Slide Master View in PowerPoint 365 for Windows
Slide Master View in PowerPoint 365 for Mac
Slide Master View in PowerPoint 2019 for Windows
Slide Master View in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Slide Master View in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
Slide Master View in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Slide Master View in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows