You can upload PowerPoint file to OneDrive in the same way as you would upload any other type of file such as a Word or Excel document, on any other file, and then share your files with anyone or everyone. Yes, any PowerPoint files you upload this way are available within PowerPoint Online. Additionally, you can upload only PowerPoint files from within PowerPoint Online.
Everything Looks Different?Unlike desktop applications, both OneDrive and PowerPoint Online are constantly evolving much faster. That may explain why screenshots on this page sport an interface different from what you see when you log in.
Follow these steps to learn more:
- Sign in to your OneDrive account and launch PowerPoint Online. This opens PowerPoint Online Presentation Gallery as shown in Figure 1. Click the Upload a Presentation option (highlighted in red within Figure 1).
Figure 1: Upload a Presentation option
- This opens the File Upload dialog box, as shown in Figure 2. Here, navigate to the folder where you have saved the presentation to be uploaded. Then, select the presentation and click the Open button (highlighted in red within Figure 2).
Figure 2: File Upload dialog box
- This will start the uploading process, as shown highlighted in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Copy of the presentation being uploaded
- Once the uploading is over, the uploaded presentation opens within the PowerPoint Online interface, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: File uploaded
- The uploaded file can be also seen within the Files list on OneDrive, highlighted in red within Figure 5.
Figure 5: Uploaded presentation within the Files list