Have you created all your slides in PowerPoint Online, and now you want to show it in front of an audience? Or you just want to use this slide deck in a webinar, or even see them yourself to understand how they look in full-screen view? In that case, the view that plays your presentation in full-screen mode is Slide Show view, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Slide Show view
To access Slide Show view in PowerPoint Online, you can choose any of these options:
- Click the Slide Show button on the Status Bar to play the presentation from the active slide (highlighted in red within Figure 2).
Figure 2: Slide Show button on the Status Bar
- To exit Slide Show view, just press the Esc key.
- You can also access the View tab of the Ribbon (see Figure 3).
Figure 3: View tab of the Ribbon
- Then choose one of the following options (both of them are highlighted in blue within Figure 3, above):
- From Beginning: Starts the slide show from the first slide of the presentation.
- From Current Slide: Starts the slide show from the active slide.
To exit Slide Show view, choose any of these options:
- Press the Esc (Escape) key.
- Right-click on the slide, and choose the End Show option in the resultant menu, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: End Show option
Remember that Slide Show view is purely a display view and no editing can be done on slides at this point of time. However, Slide Show view has some navigation and annotation options. If you hover your cursor over the bottom left area of the slide, you'll find four watermarked navigation icons that you can see in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Navigation icons within Slide Show view
These icons are explained below, as marked in Figure 5, above:
A. Previous Slide
Click this icon to navigate to the previous slide (or press the P or Left Arrow keys).
B. Next Slide
Click this icon to navigate to the next slide (or press the N, Right Arrow, or Spacebar keys).
C. End Show
Click this icon to end the Slide Show.
During Slide Show, consecutive slides are shown one after the other. But you can change this pattern and access a particular slide in between, provided you know the number of that slide. Follow these steps to know more:
- Right-click on the slide, and from the resultant menu, select the Go to Slide option, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Go to Slide option
- This will access the Go To window, as shown in Figure 7. Here, you can see the slide number of the active slide within the Slide section (refer to Figure 7, again). Overwrite this current slide number with the slide number you want to show and click the OK button.
Figure 7: Go To window
- This will replace the currently showing slide with the one that you just entered within the Go To window.
Views: Slide Show View in PowerPoint (Index Page)Slide Show View in PowerPoint 365 for Windows
Slide Show View in PowerPoint 365 for Mac
Slide Show View in PowerPoint 2019 for Windows
Slide Show View in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Slide Show View in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
Slide Show View in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Slide Show View in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Slide Show View in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows