Do you have a secret slide with useful information that you would rather not delete? But what if you show this slide to your audience inadvertently? How do you cope with this problem? The solution is easy: you just hide the slide. Hidden slides don’t show up in Slide Show view, but they are still available to edit and to possibly unhide when you are ready to show that slide to the world.
Follow these steps to hide and unhide your slides in PowerPoint Online:
- Open your presentation that contains slides you want to hide, as shown in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Slides in an open presentation
- Next, you need to select the slides that you want to hide within the Slides Pane. To select a single slide, just click on it. To select multiple, non-contiguous slides, select the first one, and then press the Ctrl key as you click on other slides. To select contiguous slides, select your first slide, and then press the Shift key and click on the last slide you want to select. You will end up selecting all slides in between.
- Whatever selection options you choose, you will end up with a selection of one or more slides, as can be seen in Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: Select your slides
- Now carefully right-click on any selected slide to bring up a contextual menu, as shown in Figure 3, below. Choose the Hide Slide option, highlighted in blue within Figure 3.
Figure 3: Right-click and hide slides
- You can also access the Home tab of the Ribbon, and click the Hide Slide button, highlighted in blue within Figure 4, below.
Figure 4: Hide slides with a click
Do note that all hidden slides are faded in appearance within the Slides Pane (see Figure 5).
Figure 5: Faded slides indicate their hidden status