Duplicating slides is a task that can be helpful, yet its value is not always understood. The first question asked is why would anyone want to duplicate slides? There are many reasons to do so. You may want to:
- Create another slide that is similar to what you already have.
- Use the same slide twice.
- Create a slightly edited chart than what you already have on an existing slide; duplicating and editing is easier than redoing it again.
Whatever your reasons may be, it is easy to duplicate slides in PowerPoint Online:
Open your presentation and select the slide(s) to be duplicated within the Slides Pane. In Figure 1 below, you can see that we have selected two slides (highlighted in red).
Figure 1: Slides to be duplicated selected within the Slides Pane
You can now duplicate selected slide(s) by following any of these three ways:
- Use the Ctrl+D keyboard shortcut. This action will duplicate the selected slide/slides and place them right below the selection.
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts
Do you want more keyboard shortcuts?
Explore our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences Ebook that is updated for all PowerPoint versions.
- With the slides selected, access the Home tab of the Ribbon. Then click the Duplicate Slide button, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 2.
Figure 2: Duplicate Selected Slide option
- Right-click the selected slide (or slides) to bring up a contextual menu, as shown in Figure 3. Within this contextual menu, select the Duplicate Slide option, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 3.
Figure 3: Duplicate Slide option within the right-click contextual menu
- Save your presentation.