Once you create a presentation on PowerPoint for iPad, or even if you open an existing one from a cloud location, you will then be able to share it with others right inside PowerPoint. So how do you do that?
Follow these steps to learn more:
- Open an existing presentation, or create a new one (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: A presentation, ready to share
- Choose the Share button, highlighted in green within Figure 2, below. This will bring up a menu, that can be again seen in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Share PowerPoint files from within the iPad
- The options within the Share menu are explained below:
- This option slides another menu, as shown in Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: Share files with someone
- You can type in an email address here as shown below in Figure 4. You can also access email addresses of Contacts available on your iPad by clicking the Plus icon, highlighted in green within Figure 4. Also, notice the Can Edit slider? You can turn this option off and then, your recipients will not be able to edit the presentations you share with them!
Figure 4: Add an email address
- This option slides another menu, as shown in Figure 5, below. You can choose either the Presentation or the PDF option. The latter option sends a PDF of your PowerPoint slides.
Figure 5: Presentation or PDF?
- You can choose either option to end up with another slider menu, as shown in Figure 6, below.
Figure 6: Outlook or a Copy?
- Now these options are somewhat confusing! If you choose the option that says Send with Outlook, then PowerPoint will open Outlook on the iPad. If you have downloaded and not configured Outlook, then this option will do nothing!
- The other option is Send a Copy, and this will open an iPad friendly window that lets you send an attachment via a message or through the iPad Mail program (see Figure 7).
Figure 7: Message, Email, or More?
- You can also click one of the two More options, shown in Figure 7, and as a result may see a menu with several other sharing options such as OneNote, Dropbox, Evernote, etc. (see Figure 8). However, what you see here is entirely dependent on what is installed on your iPad.
Figure 8: More Share options
- This option slides another menu, as shown in Figure 9, below.
Figure 9: Copy link
- Both options will copy a link to the clipboard that you can paste into another program. While the View Only option copies a viewable link to your presentation, the View and Edit option provides a link that also provides edit access to the recipient.
- And that's how you use the Share options in PowerPoint for iPad.