While you can access your PowerPoint files saved on a cloud location such as iCloud Drive, or even from a saved Place such as OneDrive or Dropbox. There's a little known option that also lets you access your PowerPoint files from other cloud services such as Box, Google Drive, etc. within PowerPoint for iPad.
Follow these steps to access these other cloud services from within PowerPoint for iPad:
- Follow steps 1 and 2, as explained in our Working with iCloud in PowerPoint for iPad tutorial.
- You will see the iCloud Drive window. Tap the Locations link, highlighted in red within Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Locations in the iCloud Drive window
- This will open up a small menu. Tap the More option, highlighted in red in Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: Access more cloud locations
- This will open the Manage Locations window, as shown in Figure 3, below. Select the cloud locations you want to add – as you can see, we selected Box.
Figure 3: Add a cloud location
- Tap the Done option, highlighted in red in Figure 3, above.
- Now when you tap the Locations option, you will see another cloud location available here, as shown in Figure 4, below (compare with Figure 2, shown earlier on this page).
Figure 4: Box is now an available cloud option
- Now you can open and save existing PowerPoint presentations saved on your Box drive.