Follow these steps to insert a new slide in PowerPoint 2007.
- If PowerPoint is not already open, first launch the program. If it is already open, skip to Step 3.
- Go to your Windows Vista Start menu (some steps may vary with Windows XP), and choose All Programs | Microsoft Office | Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 as shown in Figure 1, or
- Windows Vista: Type the application name that you want to open in the Start Search field. For example, if you type powerpoint, the Search field displays the application name in Start menu above. Click on the menu option that says Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007.
Figure 1: Start Menu Interface
- Windows XP: Users can just access the Windows Start Menu, and choose the Run option. In the Run dialog box, type powerpnt, and click OK.
- This opens the PowerPoint interface with a new presentation, containing one slide as shown in Figure 2.
- On the other hand, if you are presented with a New Presentation dialog box, click the Blank Presentation option.
Figure 2: The PowerPoint 2007 interface
- In the Home tab of the Ribbon, click the New Slide button, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Insert a new slide
- You can also click the down arrow below the New Slide button to summon the Slide Layout gallery as shown in Figure 4. Then click any of the layouts available to insert a new slide using the choosen layout.
Figure 4: Insert a new slide
- Either way, this inserts a new slide (see the Slides pane on the left in Figure 5).
Figure 5: Inserted new slide
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to insert as many slides as you need.
- Thereafter, you can add titles, text, pictures, or any other slide objects within the new slides.
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint 2003 and 2002 for Windows
Inserting a New Slide in PowerPoint Online