Follow these steps to learn how you can duplicate your existing Slide Master in PowerPoint 2010:
- Launch PowerPoint and open your the presentation. Next, access the View tab of the Ribbon, and click the Slide Master button. This opens the Slide Master View, as shown in Figure 1. Here, within the pane on the left, you'll find the existing Slide Master with associated layouts and some formatting done (highlighted in red within Figure 1).
Figure 1: Existing Slide Master
- To duplicate the Slide Master, just right-click the slide master to bring up a contextual menu, and select Duplicate Slide Master option, as shown in Figure 2. You can also select your existing Slide Master, and press the Ctrl + D keyboard shortcut.
Figure 2: Duplicate Slide Master option selected
- This will create a duplicate of your existing Slide Master, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 3. Notice that this new Slide Master is numbered 2, since this is the second Slide Master of your presentation. For all other reasons, this is just like your previous Slide Master.
Figure 3: Duplicate copy of Slide Master created
- Now you can make changes to the duplicated Slide Master so that it looks different than your existing Slide Master.
- When done, click the Close Master View button on the Slide Master tab of the Ribbon (to locate the the Close Master View button, refer to Figure 3 above). This will get you back to Normal View.
- Save your presentation often.
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts
Do you want more keyboard shortcuts?
Explore our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences Ebook that is updated for all PowerPoint versions.
Duplicate Slide Masters in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Duplicate Slide Masters in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
Duplicate Slide Masters in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Duplicate Slide Masters in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac