The Recent option within the Backstage View provides you with a list of recently opened presentations so that you can quickly select the one that you want to work upon. Further, the Recent option provides you with a couple of other tricks. Follow these steps to explore the Recent option within Backstage view in PowerPoint 2010.
- Launch PowerPoint 2010. This opens a new presentation.
- Click the File menu, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1.
Figure 1: File menu
- This opens the Backstage View, select the Recent option as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Recent
- When you select the Recent option, you will see a list of recently opened presentations as shown highlighted in red within Figure 2. Just click on the presentation of your choice to open it.
- The Recent Places section (highlighted in blue within Figure 2) displays the list of the locations of the previously selected presentations.
- Selecting the Quickly access this number of Recent Presentations check box (highlighted in green within Figure 2) displays the specified number of recently opened presentations within the Backstage View, just above the Recent option.
- Clicking the Recover Unsaved Presentations button (highlighted in orange within Figure 2) launches the Open dialog box, with the location where PowerPoint automatically stores unsaved presentation files.
Recent Tab of Backstage View in PowerPoint 365 for Windows
Recent Tab of Backstage View in PowerPoint 365 for Mac
Recent Tab of Backstage View in PowerPoint 2019 for Windows
Recent Tab of Backstage View in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac