When you launch PowerPoint 2010, it always opens a new blank presentation for you. Further, if you are already working on an open presentation, and want to create a new presentation at that point, you can do so using the New option within the Backstage View. Follow these steps to explore the New option within Backstage view in PowerPoint 2010:
- Launch PowerPoint 2010. This opens a new presentation.
- Click the File menu, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1.
Figure 1: File menu
- This opens the Backstage View, select the New option as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: New option selected within Backstage view
- Options to open a new presentations are explained below, as marked in Figure 2, above:
- This section shows the available templates and themes in your computer.
- In this section, you can choose various templates and other downloadables from the Microsoft Office site. You can also search available templates using the convenient Search box. Any template you choose is automatically downloaded from the Microsoft Office site.
- Depending on which selection you make from the first two options (see A and B above), you see its preview here. There's also a convenient Create button below the preview. Clicking the Create button creates a new presentation based on the template you chose and opens it in Normal view.
- Save your presentations often.
A. Available Templates and Themes
B. Office.com Templates
C. Preview and Create
New Tab of Backstage View in PowerPoint 365 for Windows
New Tab of Backstage View in PowerPoint 365 for Mac
New Tab of Backstage View in PowerPoint 2019 for Windows
New Tab of Backstage View in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
New Tab of Backstage View in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
New Tab of Backstage View in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows