We have already explored options within Backstage View such as New, Recent, Print, etc. In this tutorial, we will explore the Help option that provides you assistance and documentation. Follow these steps to learn more about Help options within Backstage view in PowerPoint 2010:
- Within PowerPoint 2010, click the File menu, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1.
Figure 1: File menu
- This opens Backstage View; choose the Help option as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Help option selected within Backstage view
All options within Help section are explained below as marked in Figure 2, above:
Here are some options available in the Support section, marked as A in Figure 2:
- Microsoft Office Help: Opens PowerPoint Help window, as shown in Figure 3, where you can search for help on any area.
Figure 3: PowerPoint Help
- Getting Started: Opens a help page from Microsoft in your web browser (see Figure 4).
Figure 4: Help page from Microsoft
- Contact Us: Opens a page in your web browser that provides ways in which you can contact Microsoft for support options (see Figure 5).
Figure 5: Contact us page
B. Tools for Working With Office
Here are some options available in the Tools for Working With Office section, marked as B in Figure 2:
- Options: Opens the PowerPoint Options dialog box (see Figure 6). We explore options in this dialog box in our Backstage View - Program Options in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows tutorial.
Figure 6: PowerPoint Options dialog box
- Check for Updates: Click this button to launch your web browser with further instructions to get updates.
C. License and Version
This area provides information about your product license and version.