Where is PowerPoint 365 for Mac?
Are you unable to locate PowerPoint 365 on your Mac computer? Sometimes, such a question can be embarrassing! Or are there other versions of PowerPoint on your computer—maybe older versions? Yes, we know that this can happen, although it does sound a little strange. However, there are perfectly valid excuses for you to be unable to locate PowerPoint, mainly in scenarios such as these:
- In an office, where system administrators are responsible for programs installed on your computer. They insist that you have PowerPoint on your system, but you cannot find it!
- You bought a new desktop or laptop that came with a license for Microsoft Office.
- Or maybe you just lost the shortcut that used to launch PowerPoint.
Follow these steps to locate PowerPoint 365 for Mac:
- Look in your Dock to see if you have an icon for PowerPoint, as shown in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: PowerPoint 365 icon in the Dock
- You will notice that we have no other "P" icon in the Dock that brings up an older version of PowerPoint. However, it is possible to have more than one version of PowerPoint installed on your Mac. You can change the default version. For more information, look at our Getting Started: Set as Default Version in PowerPoint page.
- If you cannot find the PowerPoint icon on your Dock, the next step is to bring up your Applications folder. To do so, double-click the Macintosh HD or similarly named icon on your desktop to bring up a Finder window, as shown in Figure 2, below. Make sure you select the Applications folder in the sidebar.
Figure 2: Bring up your Applications folder
- You should see the PowerPoint icon, as shown in Figure 2 above. If not, try to locate a Microsoft Office folder within the Applications folder. Click this folder, and you may find a PowerPoint icon.
- If you still haven’t found PowerPoint, double-click the Macintosh HD or similarly named icon on your desktop to bring up a Finder window. In the Search box, type “PowerPoint.app” without the quotes. You will now see PowerPoint listed, as shown in Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: Find PowerPoint in the Finder
In each of the options explained above, you will have to click or double-click the icon to launch PowerPoint 365 for Mac, and you will see the interface.
Getting Started: Locate Your Version in PowerPoint (Index Page)Locate Your Version in PowerPoint 365 for Windows
Locate Your Version in PowerPoint 2019 for Windows
Locate Your Version in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Locate Your Version in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
Locate Your Version in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Locate Your Version in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Locate Your Version in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Locate Your Version in PowerPoint 2007 for Windows