Reusing your existing slides can be a great help: first you need not recreate stuff you already have and secondly you are saving so much time that you can use more effectively to practice your presentation! Having said that, always start by creating an outline of your presentation. This is important because it gives you an opportunity to plan your slides all over again. Thereafter, reuse any existing slides. PowerPoint provides a quick command that locates specific slides, and enables you to add them to the active presentation. In this tutorial, we'll show you how to reuse slides in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac:
- Within PowerPoint, open your existing presentation, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Presentation opened within PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
- Select the slide after which you want to add new slides. Thereafter, access the Home tab of the Ribbon, and click the down-arrow on the New Slide button (highlighted in red within Figure 2) to bring up the drop-down menu that you see in Figure 2. Within the drop-down menu, select the Reuse Slides option refer to (Figure 2 again).
Figure 2: Reuse Slides option
- This will open the Browse dialog box, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Browse dialog box
- Within this dialog box, locate the presentation you want to use as a source to import slides. Select the presentation file, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 3 above, and click the OK button.
- This action adds all slides from the selected presentation into the active presentation, after the selected slide (see Figure 3).
Figure 4: Added slides
- If you needed only some slides to be added, you can remove unwanted slides by selecting them in the Slide Pane and pressing the Delete key on your keyboard. Also note that the imported slides automatically get applied with the Theme of the active presentation in which they are placed.
Additionally, you can also reuse older slides using the drag and drop process. This is explained in our Reuse Slides through Drag and Drop in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac tutorial.
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2008 for Mac
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2007 for Windows
Reuse Slides in PowerPoint 2003 for Windows