Figure 1: PowerPoint 2016 for Mac interface
If you want, you can change the bright orange to light grey and end up with a different-looking PowerPoint program interface as explained in this tutorial.Follow these steps to learn more:
- Create a new blank presentation, to bring up the PowerPoint 2016 for Mac interface (see Figure 1). Notice the bright orange Ribbon area. If you feel this bright orange color hurts your eyes, PowerPoint offers you one more color option for the interface.
- Choose the PowerPoint | Preferences menu option as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: PowerPoint | Preferences menu option
- This brings up the PowerPoint Preferences dialog box, as shown in Figure 3. Within this dialog box, select the General option (highlighted in red within Figure 3).
Figure 3: General option
- Within the Personalize section, note that the Colorful option is selected within the Office theme area as shown highlighted in red within Figure 4. This is the default Theme.
Figure 4: Colorful option selected as the default Office Theme
- Now, click the downward pointing arrow within this box to bring up a drop-down list, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Office theme drop-down list
- Here you'll find two color choices:
- With the Colorful option chosen, you end up with bright orange Ribbon area within your PowerPoint interface, as shown in Figure 1, earlier on this page. Choose Classic. PowerPoint will indicate that your choice will be applied to all Office apps, as shown in Figure 6. Click OK to close this window.
Figure 6: Theme choices apply to all Office apps
- Now you can see the changed the Theme color as shown in Figure 7. Compare Figures 1 and 7 to see the difference.
Figure 7: Interface color changed
Changing Interface Color in PowerPoint 365 for Windows
Changing Interface Color in PowerPoint 365 for Mac
Changing Interface Color in PowerPoint 2019 for Windows
Changing Interface Color in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Changing Interface Color in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows