If you want to logically categorize your presentation slides so that they can be easily managed, then you should use the Sections option. You are not just limited to adding and renaming Sections. You can also move slides from one Section to another, or change the order of Sections, or collapse/expand Sections etc. Other than these activities, you can also remove a Section, as explained in the steps below:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint 2013 within which you have already added Sections. Change to Slide Sorter view, as shown in Figure 1 so that you can easily access the Sections in your presentation.
Figure 1: Presentation opened within the Slide Sorter view
- Right-click on the name of the Section to be removed, in Figure 2 you can see that we have chosen the Section named 'Text' for removal. Within the contextual menu that appears, you will find three options for removing the Section, as marked in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Options to remove the selected Section
- Note: Did you find the Remove Section option greyed out as shown highlighted in red within Figure 3 below? This is possible if you have selected in a presentation with multiple Sections.
Figure 3: Remove Section option greyed out
- However, if there is only one Section in the presentation, then the Remove Section option will be available within the first and only Section of your presentation, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 4.
Figure 4: Remove Section option not greyed out
- Let us explore all three options for removing the Section, as marked in Figure 2, shown earlier on this page:
- This option removes the selected Section. All slides from the Section are not deleted though; they are added to the Section above the removed Section, as shown in Figure 5 (compare with Figure 1, earlier on this page).
Figure 5: Result of selecting Remove Section option
- This option removes the selected Section along with all the slides contained within, as shown in Figure 6. Yes, everything will be deleted, so do be careful!
Figure 6: Result of selecting Remove Section and Slides option
- This option removes not only the selected Section, but all sections in the presentation, resulting in only slides with no Sections, as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: Result of selecting Remove All Sections option
- Select any option to remove Section(s) as required.
- Save your presentation often.
Are Some Options for Sections Grayed Out?
A. Remove Section
B. Remove Section and Slides
C. Remove All Sections
Sections: Removing Sections in PowerPoint (Index Page)Removing Sections in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Removing Sections in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Removing Sections in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows