Unknown to many users, there are lesser known options within PowerPoint that can change your workflow, and make you work faster. Most of these preferences are to be found within the PowerPoint Options dialog box:
- Within PowerPoint 2013, click the File menu option, as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 1.
Figure 1: File menu option
- This opens Backstage View, as shown in Figure 2. Select Options as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 2.
Figure 2: Options within Backstage view
- This summons the PowerPoint Options dialog box (see Figure 3).
Figure 3: PowerPoint Options dialog box
- In this dialog box, you can set and change many global settings for PowerPoint such as creating a customized Quick Access toolbar, save options, etc. Do note that many settings you change can also affect other Microsoft Office 2016 programs installed such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Let us explore various tabs within the sidebar:
- This tab explores basic options for using PowerPoint that every user must be aware of. We cover these options within our General Program Options in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows tutorial.
- This tab lets you modify how PowerPoint corrects and formats text. Most of these options work automatically, and you may not even be aware that these settings can be changed and disabled. Options within this tab are explained in our Setting Spell Check Options in PowerPoint 2013 tutorial.
- This tab explores save settings that influence presentation documents. Options within the Save presentations area are explained in our AutoRecover and AutoSave Options in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows tutorial. Other options in this tab pertain to offline editing, document management server files, etc. Finally, you will find options to embed fonts, and we cover this topic further in our Embed Fonts in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows tutorial.
- This tab sets language editing and proofing preferences. Options within the Choose Editing Language area are explained in our Add and Remove Proofing Dictionaries for Foreign Languages in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows tutorial. Other options let you change the language used for display, help, and screen tips.
- Options in this tab are explained in our Advanced Program Options in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows tutorial.
- This tab allows you to customize the Ribbon area; you can learn more in our Add and Rename Ribbon Tabs in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows tutorial.
- This tab allows you to customize the QAT. Learn more in our Customize Quick Access Toolbar in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows tutorial.
- This tab allows you to view and manage your PowerPoint add-ins. We explore more in our View and Manage Add-ins in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows tutorials.
- We explain options within this tab in our Trust Center in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows tutorial.
- Change settings and click the OK button to accept all changes, or the Cancel button to return without making any changes.
Quick Access Toolbar