When you are working with one or two presentations in PowerPoint, you can easily access slides within any of them, compare presentations and edit content. And it is also easy to copy or move slides from one presentation to another. However, the situation may not be the same always. Let's imagine you have four presentations open, and presently you can only see the one that is active. What about the other three presentations? How do you navigate to those presentations without having to close or minimize the active presentation? In this tutorial, you will learn how to switch between multiple open presentations in PowerPoint 2011, which is different from how you do so in PowerPoint for Windows.
Follow these steps to learn more:
- Open multiple presentations in PowerPoint 2011. As shown in Figure 1, only the last opened presentation is visible, you'll wonder where did all the other presentations go?
Figure 1: Only one of the multiple open presentations is visible
- There are two ways in which you can access other open presentations. The first way uses the Menu option, whereas the second option uses the Dock:
- Click on the Window menu option, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 2. This opens the Window menu, as shown in Figure 2, at the bottom of the Window menu, you can see a list showing the names of all open presentations, as shown highlighted in blue within Figure 2. Note that the presentation name that has a check mark in front of it is the active presentation.
Figure 2: Window menu
- To open a particular presentation, just click on the name of that presentations within the Window menu, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Select a presentation name to make it active
- This instantly makes the selected presentation active, as you can see in Figure 3, above.
- You will find the PowerPoint icon on the Dock in Mac OS X, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 4, click this icon and hold down the mouse button for a couple of seconds before optionally releasing it.
Figure 4: PowerPoint icon on the Dock
- This will reveal previews of all open presentations, as shown in Figure 5 below. Then, take your cursor over the preview of the presentation you want to access and click.
Figure 5: Preview of all open presentations
- This will make the clicked presentation active.
- Use any of the ways explained above to make your required presentation active.
Switch Views Between Multiple Presentations in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Switch Views Between Multiple Presentations in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
Switch Views Between Multiple Presentations in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Switch Views Between Multiple Presentations in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows