Creating Sections in your presentation helps you to logically categorize your presentation slides so that you can easily manage them. Just adding and renaming Sections is not all that you can do. You can do more such as moving slides from one Section to another, or changing the order of the Sections, or collapse/expand Sections etc. Other than these activities, you can also remove a section. This removing action itself has got few more options, as explained in the steps below:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint 2011 within which you have already added Sections. Change to Slide Sorter view, as shown in Figure 1 so that you can easily access the sections in your presentation.
Figure 1: Presentation opened within the Slide Sorter view
- Right-click (or Ctrl+click) on the name of the Section to be removed, in Figure 2 you can see that we have chosen the Section named 'Second Section' for removing. Within the contextual menu that appears, you will find three options for removing the Section, as marked in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Options to remove the selected Section
- Let us explore all three options for removing the section, as marked in Figure 2, shown earlier on this page:
- This option removes the selected section - its content slides will be added to the section above the removed section, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Result of selecting Remove Section option
- This option removes the selected section along with all the slides contained within, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Result of selecting Remove Section and Slides option
C. Remove All Sections
- This option removes not only the selected section, but all sections in the presentation, resulting in only slides with no Sections, as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: Result of selecting Remove All Sections option
- Select any option to remove Section(s) as required.
- Save your presentation often.
Note: Did you find the Remove Section option greyed out as shown in Figure 3 below? This is possible if you have selected the first section in the presentation, when there are other sections below the first section.
Figure 3: Remove Section option greyed out
However, if there is only one section in the presentation, then the Remove Section option will be available, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Remove Section option not greyed out
A. Remove Section
B. Remove Section and Slides
Sections: Removing Sections in PowerPoint (Index Page)Removing Sections in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Removing Sections in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Removing Sections in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows