This tutorial is part of the effects series for PowerPoint 2007. We already showed you how you can apply a shadow effect, and tweak shadow options. In this tutorial, we'll show you how you can quickly add a reflection to a shape.
To see a sample presentation containing Reflection Effects in PowerPoint 2007, scroll down to the bottom of this page.
Follow these steps to apply Reflection Effects to a shape in PowerPoint 2007 for Windows:
- Select the shape you want to apply the effect to. Selecting a shape activates the Drawing Tools Format tab in the Ribbon. Activate this tab and locate the Shape Effects button that you can see in Figure 1 (highlighted in red).
Figure 1: Shape Effects button
- This brings up the Shape Effects drop-down gallery, as you can see in Figure 2. From the Shape Effects drop-down gallery, choose the Reflection option.
Figure 2: Reflection sub-gallery
- This opens the Reflection sub-gallery (refer to Figure 2) that provides the following options:
- Use this option to remove reflection from a selected shape. You can use this option only if the shape has reflection applied.
- Choose any of nine reflection styles available.
- Mouse over any of the effects within the Reflection gallery to see a Live Preview of the effect. Click on an effect to apply it to the selected shape.
- Remember to save your presentation often.
A. No Reflection
B. Reflection Variations
Click below to view on SlideShare
Click below to view on YouTube
Shape Effects: Apply Reflection Effects to Shapes (Glossary Page)
Apply Reflection Effects to Shapes in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Apply Reflection Effects to Shapes in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Apply Reflection Effects to Shapes in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Apply Reflection Effects to Shapes in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows