Once you have inserted a SmartArt graphic within PowerPoint, or converted some bulleted text to SmartArt, you can easily add more shapes to your SmartArt graphics with a click or two. Similarly, you can delete shapes from any existing SmartArt graphic.
Follow these steps to delete shapes from your SmartArt graphics in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows:
- Select your existing SmartArt graphic, as shown in Figure 1, below. The SmartArt graphic variant that we have selected is the Diverging Radial.
Figure 1: Diverging Radial SmartArt graphic
- See more SmartArt graphic samples here.
- Select the shape within the SmartArt graphic that you want to delete. We have selected the top most circle that has the word, Dubai written, as shown in Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: Shape is selected within SmartArt graphic
- Now just press the Delete button on the keyboard. Doing so will delete the selected shape within the SmartArt graphic, as shown in Figure 3, below.
Figure 3: Selected shape deleted
- Figure 4, below, shows you the SmartArt graphic after the selected shape has been deleted. Compare Figure 1 and Figure 4. You will notice that PowerPoint retains the symmetrical spacing between the remaining shapes.
Figure 4: SmartArt graphic after selected shape was deleted
Delete Shapes from Existing SmartArt Graphics in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
Delete Shapes from Existing SmartArt Graphics in PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
Delete Shapes from Existing SmartArt Graphics in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac